Built originally in 1903, Vineland Station, is one of North Carolina’s original brick depots and derived it's name from the expansive grape vineyards that once covered the area. The historic depot is located at 701 S. Madison STreet in whiteville.
The main room, or warehouse, has the original exposed brick walls, slate roof and restored heart pine flooring and ceiling timbers. The offices and history gallery have much of the original bead board wall and features of the original train station.
Vineland Station hosts numerous public events including art shows, music performances, fund-raisers, as well private events such as weddings, receptions and seminars.
Photography by Amber Rhodes Photography